Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Complaint no contact after 28 Days

So rang to cancel my contract as wasn’t prepared to pay the ridiculous price increase after my initial 12 month contract. Was told if I left and rejoined to get the same monthly price there would be a set up cost. All well and good, but at the time there was a deal for £50 bill credit which would have meant I was £15, which I found after I hung up the phone. So they offered me a new monthly price, which whilst higher than the new customer price seemed reasonable. I stated I was still thinking of leaving, so they said they’d message me the offer and if I wanted to stay on that new price, all I had to do was reply to this message. I stated I would still be looking at alternatives and leaving. Well no message came, but a bill nearly doubling my monthly bill did. I raised a complaint and heard nothing for over a week. Not even an acknowledgement. Raised a further complaint a week later, still nothing. So 2 weeks after my second complaint, I’ve raised another. They claim on line they will acknowledge your complaint within 48 hours and investigate and contact you fully in 28 days. Well 28 days are today and I’ve heard nothing, other than another bill again for the higher amount and higher than what my contract says it will rise to after 12 months! To say I’m disappointed in Virgin is an understatement, as when I was previous customer the number of times I had to ring to get correct bills was ridiculous and part of the reason I left! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint no contact after 28 Days

Hello DaveNoy

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forums, we only wish it was in better circumstances.

From what you have said it appears you're still on the original deal, if this has been in place for over 12 months it may be that the discounts originally agreed have expired and been removed leading to the higher cost. If the deal offered wasn't agreed and put in place the monthly costs would remain the same.

In regards to the complaint raised, have you received any contact at all in regards to this via either call or letter?

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’ve received, nothing! What I’m annoyed about is I was offered the deal and I said I’d still leave, so I was told they’d offer me the deal via message and if I wanted it I’d have to reply to the message! As I received nothing, I was under the impression I was leaving!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

During the call were you advised that the 30 day cancellation period had been taken and given a date that the services would be disconnected on DaveNoy?

Unless you specifically asked for the cancellation to take place the account would remain.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So me saying I wanted to leave, as I wasn’t happy with what the new bill would become isn’t enough to get me disconnected? That’s ridiculous. 

Granted I got no date, but that should be enough.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We do apologise DaveNoy, 

We would need your specific request for us to cancel the services, if this is something you still wished to do then give us a call on 150/0345 454 1111 and we'll be able to assist further from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos