I made a complaint on 13 November 2020, and have heard nothing beyond the automated acknowledgment of receipt. It's now over 8 weeks, so I can refer to CISAS if desired, but I would much prefer to avoid losing (yet more!) hours to this.
The complaint relates to various matters that have affected me since moving house in October 2020, namely:
1) Failure to send me my self-installation kit on the agreed date;
2) Falsely claiming the self-installation kit had been dispatched and was on route (Yodel confirmed it was never received by them, and after 4 days of false promises and guarantees, Virgin finally accepted it had not been dispatched);
3) A 4 day period with no internet connection or TV, which I have been billed for;
4) Still being charged a 'moving fee' in my bill, despite Virgin failing to do anything to facilitate the move (the onus was entirely on me, and in the end Virgin had to send an engineer after admitting they had never sent the self-installation kit);
5) Broadband speed issues after installation in October/November - I reported these by phone, by SMS, and in my letter. I was getting less than 10mbps download and 0.5mbps upload. I was informed these were due to "improvement works in my area" and that I would receive automatic compensation until they were completed. The completion date for these "works" was pushed back, but eventually completed at the end of November. Virgin have failed to pay any compensation, despite promising to do so;
6) Spending over 8 hours on hold (eg. an entire working day) seeking to report and resolve all of the above, without any joy; and
7) The distress and inconvenience all of the above caused during October and November, when COVID restrictions prevented us from accessing other sources of broadband (eg. offices, friends, family).
Since sending my complaint, I spoke to a telephone representative last week to report a further complete loss of broadband service on Monday and Tuesday. A good way to start the new working year! I was assured compensation would be credited to my account automatically and included in my next bill. I received my latest bill today - yet again no compensation.
When on the phone to your telephone representative last week, I mentioned that I was still owed compensation for previous issues in October and November. The telephone representative acknowledged this and also noted that I had an "open complaint". She apologised for the two-month delay in resolving this, and promised me a team leader would call within 48 hours to resolve. I have heard nothing since, other than an email saying my bill will increase by £3.50 per month(!)
I am on the verge of cancelling and jumping to Sky. Fortunately the proposed price increase allows me to escape my current contract, but I want to give Virgin one final chance to attempt to resolve the above before I do so, as I have been a customer for nearly 8 (largely reliable!) years.
Can someone contact me asap to discuss the above, explain what has gone wrong, and work out a resolution? It's impossible to get through to anybody who actually deals with complaints, so I will give it until the end of the week. Otherwise, I'll jump ship and use CISAS to (finally!) obtain the automatic compensation I am owed since October.
Thank you for taking the time to post on our Community Forums to seek a resolution to your open complaint.
I'm truly sorry to hear of the experience you have had and for the many issues you have faced since moving your services to your new address. We know how stressful moving home is in itself, so we'd never want to further add to this stress.
I've sent you over a PM so I can take a look into this further for you and do my best to provide a resolution. Please find my message over at the purple envelope.