Menu
Seagull79
Dialled in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Complaint about the complaints team

How do I escalate a complaint against the complaints team or do I go to OFCOM?

After multiple emails, the issue is still not resolved.  They are not reading my complain properly and failed to address one of the main points of my complaint.  The latest resolution is to ring customer services which is where this started in the first place - if Customer Services could resolve the issue I wouldn't raise a complaint in the first place.

All emails start "We tried to ring you about the result of your recent complaint but we couldn’t get through."  Strangely there are no missed calls on any of my phone lines - it's as if the complaints team are trying to avoid actually speaking to me.

Having been a customer of VM and its predecessors for 18 years, you would think my custom is valued but obviously not.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Complaint about the complaints team

I don't know what the background to your complaint is, so I'm sticking to general advice here... and at least one other VIP I'm sure will have their own take on this, but....

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint if you've raised a complaint and it's not resolved to your satisfaction after 8 weeks, you can escalate to CISAS independent arbitration. Ofcom don't deal with individual customer complaints, they will refer you back to VM's arbitration scheme.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Make Ofcom aware of the issue by filling in their monitoring form here: Monitoring form | Ofcom

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Seagull79,

If we've not been able to find a resolution for you that is satisfactory then we can issue you with a deadlock letter that can be taken to CISAS

If you're complaint is over 8 weeks old, you will then be able to take this to CISAS without a deadlock letter from our team

Without exposing any sensitive details, can you please advise us of the nature of the complaint and what resolution has been offered?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Tuvs
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I had a letter telling me that I hadn’t responded to to the response to my complaint so they would close the issue. I never received the response so couldn’t reply. Customer services and complaints team seem as inept as their billing dept. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for this and I can appreciate this is not ideal. 

Would you mind giving a brief description of what the complaint was regarding as we will do our best to help you on here. 

But also as stated above, you can also go into deadlock with CISAS if you are unhappy with your complaint resolution. 

Please do let us know. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Tuvs
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My complaint related to the obvious inability to bill me for the correct amount. I have had to speak to Virgin every month since system was installed in December. Payment has been made to fully cover services but account shows my latest payment as “part payment”. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Oh no that's not good and we are very sorry this has happened to you. 

I am more than happy to take a look into your account for you and see what we can do, but will pop you over a PM so we can confirm some details if that's okay.

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuvs
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. It would be nice to have it sorted.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome, I have popped you over a PM, if you could just take a look at it, we can have a look at your account for you 🙂 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

0 Kudos