Menu
JoandPhill2012
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Complaint - No Response

I have had issues with my broadband for over 2years, when I started working from home realised how bad it was but ive still been paying my bill in full !  I've had numerous engineers out, several new hubs, spent hours on the phone trying to get this sorted, I'm still waiting for a response to my complaint which I submitted in July !! i've chased up numerous times, no one will help me ! ive now spoken to Ofcom .. I need a final response !!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Complaint - No Response

Hi there @JoandPhill2012

Welcome to  our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry to understand that you've had some issues with your broadband for such a length of time without resolution. 

From locating your account I can see that you have indeed been in touch many times over the last month; we have replaced your Hub and also sent some boosters - have you seen no change since these being installed?

I can also see that we did book a technician to check the external cabling but after a further visit from a technician this was deemed unnecessary. 

Taking a closer look at your services, I see that it's been around 37 minutes since your last reboot. We have no known area issues listed for your region and no errors showing whatsoever. All the signal levels are looking to be within the parameters we would expect for your package. 

From looking at your WiFi details, I can see that there is a device that is a bit too close to the Hub which is waiting valuable WiFi bandwidth. Other than that - there are no immediate issues that we can see. 

Can you advise what issues you're having with your broadband in a bit more detail so we may best assist you further? I shall of course also update your complaint for you with this correspondence and not your account accordingly. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JoandPhill2012
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

on weds 19th August - technician came out and re did the external Cable,

Intermittent connection still happening

On Friday 21st another Engineer cam out to check the external cable had been replaced,

On Monday, today 24th August, still intermittent Connection....  working from home and still paying bill in full as well as paying for the top Fibre.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for popping back @JoandPhill2012

When you advise intermittent, can you advise some more information on what is intermittent? Do you have the same issue on both a Wired and WiFi connection? 

Does the Hub reboot when you loose connection? Do you loose connection on all devices at the same time?

We're able to see any issues from this end other that the WiFi issue I advised in my previous post. 

It may also be helpful to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts.  It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of your connection. If you need any help with that please let us know.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JoandPhill2012
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just ring me on [REMOVED].

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi JoandPhill2012, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the broadband connection. Can you do a broadband quality monitor and post the results here. Chris 

0 Kudos
JoandPhill2012
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Teseter 15.30pm - 25.08.2020 2 .jpgBroadband Teseter 11.11 -  am 25.08.2020 2.jpg

i really am at the end of my teather..  sometimes it says no internet connection at all.its like this every day all day/night im paying for 360mbps!

0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is that wireless? Or done on a wired device?

0 Kudos
JoandPhill2012
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's wireless.. That's what I pay for? 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi JoandPhill2012, I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the broadband connection. You will pay for the speed to the router and the WiFi is a value added service. We would ask if you could run a speed test vi a wired connection to a PC/ Laptop and let us know the results. Chris