cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Has Disappeared

mukeman
Tuning in

I logged a complaint in My Virgin Media on Thursday. By Friday evening it had disappearedI have the reference, but can no longer access it on the portal. Why was it deleted? Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mukeman, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you can no longer access your complaint 😔

You should be able to do so using our online checker here. If not, can you please advise what your complaint is regarding? 

We'll do our very best to help.

Regards,
Daniel

Complaint related to a contract issue. I know it’s been accessed because I’m now being asked to renew my contract. I tried accessing it, but all I get is ‘no complaints in progress’. Reference was  C-1910231372.

And you are certainly not the first person to report this, and I doubt you will be the last. One obvious answer is that if VM simply and arbitrarily close complaints, the chances are that the original complainant won’t notice, but it makes VM’s report to OFCOM, regarding complaints look better!

But yes, just in case the above was too subtle, I’ll be a bit more succinct. Virgin Media via their ‘team’ do, absolutely do, routinely just close complaints for spurious and non-existent reasons, simply because they can’t be bothered to resolve them properly, or they really don’t want to have too many open complaints on their books.

Now one of two things will, happen here, a) a member of the forum team will respond, repudiating what I have alleged, in which case it would be fair enough for you to ask why your situation is by no means unique, do a forum search on ‘complaints being closed’, and demand that said forum team member provides an explanation as to why this has happened.

Or b) no member of the forum team, cares to respond, on the grounds of not wanting to ‘put their head above the parapet’, in which case, then you must be free to come to whatever conclusion you see fit.

Hi mukeman, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I can see that there is an open complaint with that reference number and will send you a PM to look into this further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Nobody has responded otherwise and I'm not going to disagree with you synopsis! I've had many years dealing with VM and before that, Jones Cable back in the 90's. Unfortunately the former's business practices are questionable and I've had a number of spats with them over the years. If they don't sort this issue out, I'll simply take it to OFCOM. Although I'm not going to share the details on here (at least until VM have had a chance to rectify the issue), the problem I'm having appears to be a well dodge sales issue that should never have happened.

Hi mukeman, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community. 

I can see you've responded to the PM that Chris sent a few days ago. He will pick up your reply shortly and continue to respond privately in case account sensitive information is needed to be discussed. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs