cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint/Deadlock Letter - Speeding Up?

as3523
Joining in

Hi

Does anyone have any advice please on how I can speed up the process of receiving a deadlock letter from VM? Having read some of the other posts, I understand it's pretty difficult to get VM to issue these.

My complaint relates to a failure by VM to honour an introductory offer of three months free for Sky Sports UHD. They charged me rather than providing it for free for 3 months as promised. I called to query and went through a long phone call after which it was eventually agreed that I would receive it for free for 3 months.

Lo and behold, my next bill comes and they've charged me for it. I go through another long phone call and again they agree they shouldn't have charged me for it so will credit my next bill. I open a complaint and ask for them to contact me via email. The call handler puts a complaint in, which I then discover contains none of the details I'd asked to be included (it is literally blank).

Eventually someone else helps me by filling in details of the complaint, or so I thought. About 10 days later, a "case manager" calls me (doesn't email as requested). I miss the call and then spend 62 minutes on hold trying to get back in touch.

When we eventually speak, he asks for details of my complaint as the complaint is blank! I fill him in. By this point, I've spent several hours on the phone. The case manager tells me they are resolving my complaint by giving me Sky Sports UHD free for 3 months. Obviously that isn't a resolution, it's just honouring what was offered in the first place! He then goes on to tell me he will resolve the complaint by ensuring there is a credit for the money they shouldn't have taken! Again, that obviously isn't a resolution as that should have been the case without me spending several hours on the phone.

After I push him, he offers the grand sum of £15, which he manages to raise to £20 after speaking with a manager. Bearing in mind my annual bill is over £1200.

I've rejected the resolution and am now waiting for a deadlock letter, which was promised via email and post.

Is there any way I can hurry them along as the eight weeks doesn't expire for a while?

As an aside, it has at least prompted me to look elsewhere and I have found deals through Sky and Vodafone which match what I get from Virgin for a similar price so likely will be looking to move when I can, particularly given the way VM are treating customers these days.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you have rejected the resolution, VM should provide you with the deadlock letter proactively. See

https://partners.ombudsman-services.org/resources/guidance-notes/eight-week-and-deadlock-letters-com...

Add that in as an aggravating factor when your complaint reaches Ombudsman Services.

Also, OFCOM launched an investigation into VM on 13 July 2023 specifically into VM's cancellation and complaints processes and access to Alternative Dispute Resolution.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/bulletins/enforcement-bulletin/open-cases/cw_01275

Case ref. no. and an email at the bottom of the above page or submit with same info via the contact form

https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Submitting information won't help your individual complaint but it will contribute to the OFCOM investigation and it sounds like your experience is directly relevant to the terms of reference of the investigation.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @as3523 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear of the issues you've had surrounding the 3 month free Sky Sports UHD offer and that your complaint has been sent to deadlock but you have not received the letter yet. 

Can you advise at what date the deadlock letter was requested please? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley