Menu
gadgetgadgy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Compensation offered but not yet received.

In November I signed up to a package that was offered to me by VM. When I queried the delay in upgrade I was advised that the package was no longer available and in fact it was a mistake by VM. After much discussion and negotiation I was offered an upgrade at additional cost and by way of compensation I was offered a £50 credit on my account. I have a copy of the relevant text transcript making this promise.

In December I started paying for the upgrade but to date my account is not showing the £50 credit.

I have taken this up with the Resolutions Team at VM ( Complaint ref C -1012202206 ) and they have advise as follows, quote

'In regard to the £50 credit, please consult our billing team and the same will be honored  and adjusted with the bills for you'

I have viewed my bills and there is still no credit listed.

I have rang the billing team and there is a 2 hour wait as they are short staffed and they are referring me to their website where I can find no option to put in another complaint.

I don't know what to do now as I am in a Virgin Media spiral.

How can I resolve this matter.

I feel that I was a victim of circumstances and I was happy with my original package but the £50 credit offer was a sweetener.

Please help me find a quick solution.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation offered but not yet received.

they have told you what you need to do
" please consult our billing team and the same will be honored and adjusted with the bills for you"
gadgetgadgy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried to speak to Virgin Customer Service recently. At least a 2 hour wait on phone. I do not have that much time to waste. Or the money to pay the telephone bill!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

early morning is best time. But thats the only way to get it sorted
gadgetgadgy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks. Will give it a go early morning. 

My disappointment is that after putting in an official complaint the Resolution Team did not resolve the matter. They simply pushed it back at me to sort out. So frustrating!

Appreciate your advice

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gadgetgadgy,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your bills and credit looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. We would not normally deal with packages here on the forums but as its part of a complaint I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

First of all can I just ask if you were able to contact the billing team since you last posted?

Also, around what date did you agree to this offer of £50 with your package change?

Your package is all okay, it's just this elusive £50 that you're chasing isn't it?

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

gadgetgadgy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Many thanks for your interest. It's much appreciated. 

No, I have not been able to contact Customer Service yet.

The offer of £50 compensation was made by an operator called Aileen at 12.22 on Nov 6. 

I have a screen image of an excerpt of a very lengthy text but don't know how to attach. 

It reads as follows 

"I do understand you with that and I am totally with you. If I also have the power to give you the same package. I would like to do that hence this is the best deal we can do.

And no worries, as our valued customer, you can get a one-time credit of £50 bill credit to be applied to your next bill.

Shall we go ahead so you won't miss this?"

My immediate reply 

"Since I have come this far and you have been very attentive let's go with the deal. What happens next? "

I hope this all makes sense to you and up to now I am still waiting for the £50 compensation offered. 

Best regards

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gadgetgadgy,

Thanks for coming back to me about this, I am sorry about the frustration this situation must have caused you.

I will be happy to chat with you further about this within a PM so we can talk privately 🙂

I'll send this to you now.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gadgetgadgy,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM today, I am really happy that I was able to get this issue resolved for you!

If you need any further help in future, please know that we are always here for you 🙂

Just create a new post and we shall try our best!

Thanks so much,

Megan_L