Menu
EmmaO
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Compensation missing from first bill.

Hi my virgin broadband should of been connected on 20/4/2021 It was repeatedly rescheduled.

Was finally connected on 23/6/2021. It was agreed over the phone to virgin that I would be compensated for paying £9.51 extra a month because I could of been  contract with them and payed £19.99 a month if i had known that there would be a delay with the virgin install.

Instead I remained out of contract with bt and payed £29.51. So I was disappointed to see that for the time frame that you rescheduled my install I have had a £30 goodwill gesture. I recieved an email saying this was £5 for everyday you did not install that was your fault. So my question is please can you provide me with the information of when you applied for and  recieved permission to do outside works under.  Because you have a claus that says that if a third party causes the delay you don't need to provide compensation. I  should get compensation from that date.

Additionally you know you have to get permmision if you need dig up the road. You also know when you recieve it. This means and rescheduling due to gaining outside work permission cannot be viewed reasonably as circumstances outside of your control by a third party. Because you are not upfront about this being an issue that would effect my access to your services you have miss sold your broadband service to potential millions of customers.

I would appreciate you reviewing this. Secondly could you at least add £9.51 x 2 = £19.02 discount to my bill as agreed. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation missing from first bill.

Hello

Yes Virginmedia do know they need permission to dig up road but the issue is that they do not know that this needs doing until they attempt to install your services as this is down to a blocked duct, and normally permission can take upto 8 weeks to be given by the local council.

You can speak to the pre-install team to get further information their number is 0800 052 1734

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello @EmmaO,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for the issues you have had with getting your installation completed.

Can you please tell me if you have now been installed? We would not be able to look into compensation until this has been resolved.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
EmmaO
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes it was installed on 23/6/2021.

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am going to send you a private message @EmmaO.

Please look out for this.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos