cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compelled onto a different contract despite explaining my father can't make decisions without guidance

brisew
Tuning in

I hope someone can help. 

My father inadvertently got signed up to an unnecessary despite having another year to run on the existing broadband Bigger bundle contract. Is there anything we can do to go back to the previous contract which would run out in July 2022? My father has a brain injury which impairs decision making and despite asking him not to agree to anything it appears that someone at Virgin has signed him up to another contract. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

Dom (on behalf of my father Brian) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dom,

Your father will have a 14 day cooling off period from signing up to a new contract.

If he's still within that time scale he can ask to cancel the new deal and switch back to his previous bundle.

To do that it's the Retentions (thinking of leaving us) dept, 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

It might be better for you to be with him, then once  your father  passes validation he can hand the phone to you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can I just query, only because the staff are likely to ask, how did this inadvertent new contract come about?

Was it as a result of a call you or your father made to VM but shouldn't have got to the "ok, I accept" stage? Or was it an outbound call?

When was this new contract instigated?

I'm sure the staff team will want to pick this up, but these seem to me the most obvious queries to clarify in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dom,

Your father will have a 14 day cooling off period from signing up to a new contract.

If he's still within that time scale he can ask to cancel the new deal and switch back to his previous bundle.

To do that it's the Retentions (thinking of leaving us) dept, 150 from a Virgin phone, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

It might be better for you to be with him, then once  your father  passes validation he can hand the phone to you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Sadly it's after the 14 days - just going through his accounts. It's only £5 a month extra but I just don't like the way it was done. 

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi brisew,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation, package changes aren't something we would usually do via the community. However so I can take a closer look at this, I've popped you over a private message for a few more details (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm