Menu
steph-muir
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Community Sign Up Account Issue

Hi,

Wonder if somebody can help me out please? Hope I picked the right board!

I've recently signed up as a Virgin Ultimate Oomph customer and I needed to post a question to community (not this, a question about billing which I have) but looks as though when my partner and I signed up to community we used my E-Mail address and now it wont let me use it for my account. I'm posting from the account which should be closed - this is my partners old community account, my partner hasn't had cable for years now but I do and I'm forced to use this account to seek answers.

Is there a team member who could please help me out here? I don't want to open a new E-Mail account specifically for this and I really need an answer on my billing question sooner than later.

Thanks very much for any help in advance!

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Community Sign Up Account Issue

Hey there steph-muir,

Sorry if you're unable to sign into an account. Can you clarify which account you cannot access? To clarify, the Community Forum account (this one) is completely separate to your online cable/mobile account and it does not matter what email you use on here.

Please tell us more about the signing in issue so we can help.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
steph-muir
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Community Sign Up Account Issue

Hi Lisa,

I maybe haven't explained this properly. I recently signed up to Virgin and I'm now a customer, I went to sign up to community for myself but my current E-Mail address is tied to this steph-muir account so I'm unable to set up an account for myself using that E-Mail address. Steph-Muir has no need for a Virgin community account, she's no longer a customer and hasn't been for some time.

It wont let me use that E-Mail to set up my own account so I used our old login and password here purely so I could have the facility to ask the question as to how I fix this. I don't want to post the E-Mail address concerned (Private Message?) which is currently linked to steph-muir but this steph-muir account should be closed and my E-Mail address made free so I can set up my own community account. Steph-muir hasn't been a Virgin customer for almost 2 years now. I'm a new customer and I'm unable to use my E-Mail address to start a community account because it's been used already for this old steph-muir account. Does this make sense? I hope I'm explaining a bit better. If you want I can PM you the E-Mail address and you'll see it's tied to this old account when I want to use it for my own new community account.

I tried changing the E-Mail address linked to this account but it still wont free up the original E-Mail we signed up to community with years ago. If I try to close this account in edit profile will it delete the E-Mail addresses linked to it and allow me to use them for a new account? I didn't want to go ahead and do that and find the E-Mail I want to use still unusable.

0 Kudos