cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code for refer a friend ?

MellowMadness
Joining in

Hi can anyone advise where or which email I would find the refer a friend code, been with them now since May after my daughter refered me, spoke to the company Akiamo yet they have no emails for either one of us and said I would have a code, the agent who dealt with the order, when asked about it would say it would be sorted after a couple of months thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MellowMadness,

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear there's been an issue with your referral. Can you please confirm if you signed up for our services via the unique refer-a-friend link you would have received? The exact steps you would have needed to follow can be found here.

If so, it would be Aklamio who'd need to investigate further- they can be contacted over the phone on 020 4586 6000 or email them at virgin-media@aklamio.com

Hope this helps,

Beth

MellowMadness
Joining in

Hi it was sorted by an agent that rang me after my daughter referred me ive tried aklamio who say mine or my daughters emails weren't found so haven't a clue what to do from here tbh 

Hi MellowMadness, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. Our refer a friend process changed a few years ago. The correct process when referring a friend to our services is that they would need to sign up via the unique link that is sent to them via an E-Mail that would be generated by the referee. In this case, your daughter should have sent you a link.

When the referred customer then signs up and the cooling off period has been completed, which is 14 days after install, the £50 credit for both parties is entered into an account, which you would need to create with Aklamio. Both parties can then withdraw the money from the Aklamio account and into your bank account.

As you've not followed this process, contacting Aklamio wouldn't help on this occasion. I'd like to look at this further for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs