cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clowns - direct debit gone up

Chantelle3
Joining in

Is it better to talk to these clowns by phone, than WhatsApp?!

Today, I messaged them, as my direct debit has just got to a ridiculous amount lately! 
I asked if there was a way of reducing the amount as it is too much for me to pay now.

It has shot up to £85 per month. I don’t have movies or sports. Just basic tv. Broadband and a landline which I keep telling them I don’t use!

After hours of back & forth, I was offered a new package for £92! I told them I wanted to reduce my monthly cost. Not increase it! So they offered me another for £96! 
Eventually, they offered one for £72 for 18 months. I asked if it would be this price for the 18months. I asked this twice but it was never answered. 
I asked also, how much just broadband would be? I think they may have referred me to another department. That was hours ago. So not sure.

I’ve since spoken to my friend a few doors down. She is on precisely the same package and only pays £46 per month!! 
How on earth is that fair?!

I can’t seem to get anyone intelligent or knowledgeable to help me. So as soon as my contract ends, I’m off! 
Bunch of idiots!! 

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chantelle3 

It's better to talk by phone. Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

If you are wanting to drop any part of the bundle then you need to speak to either sales or retentions.  Option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Chantelle3 

It's better to talk by phone. Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am when lines first open to avoid call queues.

If you are wanting to drop any part of the bundle then you need to speak to either sales or retentions.  Option 4 retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

Do your homework first and price up similar deals with other providers. Also determine what you actually need from VM.  Do you need the current level of speed?  Also look at if  you need a new sim. VM now have the Volt packages which  double your data and broadband speed, so it might be worthwhile taking out a lower broadband speed on a Volt bundle which would double your broadband speed

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Chantelle3,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry you didn't get the help required when calling our team to re-negotiate your package with us. 

As our valued member @newapollo has advised it would be best speaking to our retentions team to discuss this further.

Unfortunately, package changed, and new contract deals are not something we deal with from our community forums.

You can call us on 150/0345 454 1111 options 1,4 then 4 again.

Alternatively, use our WhatsApp messaging service on 0730 532 7112.

You can also check our existing customer deals here https://virg.in/existing.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thank you so much for your help! That’s really useful! 🙂👍

Thanks Jodi. Your link says page not found 🤦🏼‍♀️ and I certainly won’t be messaging on WhatsApp again, as they have no clue what they’re doing or what I’m requesting!

I will try phoning as I’ve realised today that I can leave without charges, due to the price increases! 
I can’t deny the broadband speed is amazing compared to Sky! But the customer service is appalling! 🫤

Hi Chantelle3,

We do apologise the link sent is not working, I will get this flagged to the team. Please keep us posted with how you get on. We fully understand the frustration caused, especially as you did not get the assistance you needed from our WhatsApp team.

We hope one of our telephone agents will be able to resolve your issue, it would be a shame to lose you as a customer, however we fully understand your reasons why.

Pop back here if you need help with anything else.

All the best Jodi. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

This is the correct URL.

https://www.virginmedia.com/existing-customer-deals 

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thank you! Someone else messaged me back today and unfortunately, could still not offer a suitable deal for me. I did ask about just having the broadband and even at a lower speed, they quoted £61!! 
I’m sorry but it’s a joke! Especially when my friend a few doors from me has exactly the same package as me for half the cost! 🤷🏼‍♀️

I’ve made the decision to leave virgin. Not only because of their pricing but the lack of customer service and appreciation of their customers but thank you all!

And by leaving VM you absolutely have made the right decision.
Now once you have managed to actually cancel, there is a fairly good chance that VM’s outbound retention people will call you offering you all sorts of ‘deals’ to stay. The decision is, naturally yours, but, whatever they offer, tempting as it may be, please do take into account the truly appalling way the customer services provision is run, and how little they care about existing customers. Ask yourself this, irrespective of what they are offering me, for whatever cost, is this really a company I want to be tied to for the next 18 months at least?

Hi Chantelle3 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us, sorry to see we couldn't match what you was expecting  and your looking to leave ☹.

If you are within your contract there maybe a early disconnection fee, to find out more please click this 👉 link

Please ensure you have given us 30 days notice before leaving.

You can also give us a call on 👉🏼 0345 454 1111, if you do change your mind.

Thank you. 

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide