Menu
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Closing this board will be most unhelpful.

Since looking at our family account shows a TV package which matches NONE of the boards which will remain. How the heck is anyone supposed to know where to post with no "catch all" board listed?

Typical Virgin, if there's any way whatsoever to make their customers' lives more difficult, they never miss the opportunity to do so.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closing this board will be most unhelpful.

What's your query?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are no boards for specific TV packages, however there are boards relating to set top boxes.

Glancing at your very first post you have a V+ box.  Queries for any VM set top box that isn't a V6 or TV 360  box should be placed in the TIVO forum.

Should you have a query about available channels in the various packages then you can check the ChannelGuide  link.

You can also check the press-releases page for details of any free channels and dates they are applicable

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You want a query in addition to this observation?

OK if you must.

Since:

1. The forum team cannot help changing packages.
  2. The website says "Your package cannot be changed online".
  3. The phone system is so far beyond useless it's not even worth attempting to get through to someone you can't understand who's on a very poor line.

The query is, to what address does one WRITE an old-fashioned signed letter to get changes to one's package effected?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Making an account change

You can try using the text message service - 07533 051809

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Making an account change

That will require staying where I have a cellphone signal, if attempted. It's also not what I asked.

I asked where to write, you know, that thing you do with a pen, where your signature makes what you've written a document with legal standing which you can keep a copy of for evidence. Something that Virgin's customer service is sufficiently bad as to require wise customers to do.

Now it strikes me there must be a quicker way than cancelling by mail, becoming a Sky Customer, waiting 18 months, cancelling them, & becoming a new customer again where we can actually order what we want.

Though we're as a family about sufficiently fed up do do the above dance.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Why the sarcastic responses? Surly if you want advise or help getting everyone's backs up isn't the way to go

BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Richw1982 wrote:

Why the sarcastic responses? Surly if you want advise or help getting everyone's backs up isn't the way to go

First, I began, with a simple observation, rather than commenting on that observation & possibly assessing or discussing the merits of closing the section in which my first post was actually made, I was quizzed for a query... IF at that point I'd been posting in order to get help, I would have posted a query at the outset.

Nevertheless, I then responded with a query.

Then my post was moved, to a section where the post subject line makes no sense, and a different question than the one I asked was answered.

It's almost as bad as attempting to talk to the Virgin call centres, nobody seems to understand plain English, and you wonder why my back is also "up".

0 Kudos