cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Virgin Account after leaving - (Refund, Return of equipment etc)

scotty2
On our wavelength

I closed my account with VM a week ago, and i've received notification that i'm overpaid by just over £70.

How is this refunded, my account was previously paid for me by one of my sons via Direct Debit. Will it be paid back into the same account as the Direct Debit, or will a cheque be sent. and If so will it be in my name as the VM account holder, or in his name as the named person on the Direct Debit.

I have in addition returned equipment as requested,  which according to Yodel/Collectplus tracking is on it's way back to you. Can provide tracking details if necessary.

Finally, the virginmedia/ntl email on the account will need to be deactivated once everything is resolved, otherwise it could potentially be a security risk as it won't be monitored regularly moving forwards. How quickly after account closure is this shut down?

Rgds

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi scotty2, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have now left us. 

With any credit that is owed, we will send this via cheque to the account holder at the registered address. This is usually within 45 days of the disconnection date. 

The returns process can take up to two weeks once it has been sent. As soon as the equipment has been processed, we will update the account to reflect this. 

The email address will remain active for up to 90 days following your disconnection so we would recommend backing up any important emails that you wish to keep. If you wish for the email address to be deactivated sooner, please do let us know and we can request this for you. 

Thanks, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi scotty2, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear you have now left us. 

With any credit that is owed, we will send this via cheque to the account holder at the registered address. This is usually within 45 days of the disconnection date. 

The returns process can take up to two weeks once it has been sent. As soon as the equipment has been processed, we will update the account to reflect this. 

The email address will remain active for up to 90 days following your disconnection so we would recommend backing up any important emails that you wish to keep. If you wish for the email address to be deactivated sooner, please do let us know and we can request this for you. 

Thanks, 

Nat

scotty2
On our wavelength

Hi Nat, Thanks for the prompt reply. Since posting this earlier today, i've received an email confirmation of  return of equipment back to VM, so that's positive.

I would like the registered email deactivated asap for the reason stated earlier, if you are able to assist in this that would be greatly appreciated.

if you could PM me whatever details you require, EG. Account no , alternative contact email etc, I'll be happy to provide.

Hi @scotty2 thanks for your reply, that's great to hear.

Of course I can definitely look into this for you - please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

scotty2
On our wavelength

Hi Natalie, could you or one of your forum team confirm for me where my cheque is being sent to. As yet it hasn't arrived, To explain, Although the address i was registered at with Virginmedia is my main home, i've had to move out whilst renovations are taking place. I did mention that when i cancelled the service,

I provided the address over the phone i'm currently residing at (my sons) when cancelling, but would like to know whether i need to ask people at my Registered address with Virginmedia to keep an eye out for it, or whether it'll come to my son's address.

Regards

Thank you for flagging this to us @scotty2

To take a further look into this, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No problem at all @scotty2,

Happy to have been able to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help 🙂

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

scotty2
On our wavelength

Just a short note to thank the forum team for their assistance.  

Previous email used now shutdown as requested.

Equipment sent back and acknowledged as such by VIrginmedia,

Cheque received today for the credit amount that was left in the account.

VM account can now be in not already closed completely.

Regards

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey scotty2, thank you so much for all the posts and replies.

We're delighted to hear you're all sorted now and all your requests have been processed from our helpful forum team 🙂
Sorry to see you go, however as you asked please expect your VM account to be deleted within 30 days from the disconnection.

Let us know if you have more questions or concerns, happy to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team