Menu
uiswelcome
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Closed e-mail address, so no access to VM account

Hi, I moved to a new house with a new Virgin Media contract, using a new e-mail address (because I had to keep the 'old' account going at the old address for a couple of months.)

Unfortunately, I had to close my new e-mail address down (long story). I have waited the required 3 months for there to be no access to my 'old' closed Virgin Media account, hoping that I could transfer my new account to my 'old' e-mail address. However, I keep getting the same message that 'even though this account is now closed, you cannot use this e-mail address'.

Consequently, I have no Virgin Media account just now, and am having to pay monthly over the phone. Can someone technical please tell me how I can get round this, and use my 'old' e-mail address for my new account? Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed e-mail address, so no access to VM account

you can neer reuse a email address that has been close.
If you lest it 90 days it will have been deleted.
You should of requested a move and transfer of the account before the 90 days was up.

If the email address has now been deleted (90 days after. cancelling) it can not be recovered or registered again
0 Kudos
uiswelcome
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, sorry I haven't explained my problem properly.

The e-mail account I want to use is still open. However, Virgin Media won't allow me to 'transfer' a new VM account to it, because it still has my closed VM account number popping up automatically, even though Virgin should have completely closed that old account by now. 

So basically, I'm trying to open a new VM account using an e-mail address that should no longer be linked in any way to Virgin - they should have completely closed off my old VM account by now.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need to request a move and transfer of the email addresses from the old account to the new account, not the other way round.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help you with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
uiswelcome
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for clearing that up 🙂

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That is what I did recently, so I can confirm that you don't lose any messages.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
0 Kudos