Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Closed account. Need to reactivate

Hi there.

I got my partner to cancel our account held in her name so that I could open a new account. 

That account closed on Thursday. I have still had no contact about new account so we would like to reactivate her account.

Is this possible?

I queued on the phone for nearly an hour and the guy I spoke with said that I got the password wrong but I know the password as I have successfully logged in online. 

He told me that the account is now locked and a password reminder sent in the post. Regrettably I feel that the operator was not very professional or helpful as I repeatedly told him that I knew all the password and I had the account holders permission. Sadly I feel that he just wanted me off the line.

Really need internet for work purposes. 

Any help, advice greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Closed account. Need to reactivate

The password you were being asked for was characters from the account verification passphrase, which would normally be different to the online password.  The reminder coming in the post will be for the account verification passphrase.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks