cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close to taking Virgin to Ofcom

chrisino
Joining in

Getting really sick of getting ignored by Virgin in relation to my broadband.

Basically back in July City Fibre cut through Virgin's cables. It took them 2 weeks to come out to repair the cabling. I was promised compensation. That never materialised but I'm that busy that I didn't have time to take it further.

Fast forward to the 7/12/22. Some other cowboys were digging up the road. They have cut through the wires yet again but only on our house.

They apparently reported this to Virgin. I rang last night to confirm an engineer was coming today. Yes I was told, definitely coming today. 

It's now pitch black and no sign of any engineers.

Completely and utterly pathetic. Last time it was 2 weeks, no idea how long this time!

I need my broadband for work as I work from home so I'm going to lose money because I can't work.

Utterly sick of being treated like dirt. Contemplating taking this as far as I can go.

No customer should ever have to put up with this appalling service and neglect.

18 REPLIES 18

Hi 👋 @chrisino,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great having you on board with us here. 

I am so very sorry to hear you've been left without broadband after your wire's were accidently cut through. Appreciate you've not had the best experience and I would love to take a closer look into things for you to help get this sorted 😊

There maybe a £25 non fault call out charge due to the nature of what's happened but I'll pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details and discuss further. 

Hope to hear from you soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi. I upgraded to 1gb broadband. However the hub I've got isn't the latest hub so it's not really optimising my broadband.

When someone upgrades why are they not sent the latest hub?

If I'm paying premium the surely I should receive the best equipment to enhance the product?

Just a case of Virgin not doing things properly.

I know this is a cost thing but if I was a new customer I'd get a shiny new hub but as I'm an old customer I get nothing.

Can you explain the reasoning behind this?

Kind Regards

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi @chrisino,

You would only be provided with a new Hub if it was agreed upon as part of a package change, if it was required to be able to achieve the new speed tier being provided, or it was required as a replacement to resolve a technical fault.

You don't need to have the latest router in order to benefit from 1Gig.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

archercj
Fibre optic

I have an eight page Word document containing the timeline and events (including screenshots of contradictory and, in my opinion, misleading falsehoods from quotes sent to me plus WhatsApp discussions with Virgin CS).

In the past I went to OfCom (and won) but the procedure has now changed (for the worse I am sure everyone will agree) and you cant submit individual claims. No doubt they were overburdened by them.

However I have looked at the other avenues that have kindly been set out in peoples responses and no where can I find the ability to attach my document. I can cut and paste but then it doesnt include the screenshots etc which are key. No option also to email but there is an option to send it in the post. Really!

Hi @archercj

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Would you mind expanding on the situation and what you'd like our help with today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach - I have a PDF with all the detials. Can I send you it please?

Hi @archercj, thank you for your response.

As Zach has asked, can you please confirm what you'd like our help with?

Once we know that, we can then see what we can do for you.

Regards,
Daniel

Well @Daniel_Et it started with an email stating my renewal at a very reasonable cost of £76 (I had been paying £85). But concened there was no mention of Netflix I contacted your CS team. In summary:

- was told this was wrong and it was actually £144.99 so escalated it

- was told this was wrong and it was actually £152.24 so escalated it

- was given a revised price of £92.99 and was told this was EXACTLY the same as my exisiting contract (Volt Ultimate). It wasnt as it appears it was Volt Bigger Bundle + Sports. One of my two desk top boxes was disconnected, I lost several channels on my remaining box.

- it took over 24 hours of discussions and remote attempts to restore the box for an engineer to have to come out and replace the box completely. I was without a service for nearly 2 weeks

I am now on a £95 contract with a £10 adjustment but my last bill was for £95 as apparently I had not paid my previous bill in full (strange seeing as it is direct debit).

As I stated I have the full transcript of everything that was stated on WhatsApp and emails sent to me. I would like to send them to you please

I am sorry to hear this, I have taken a look at the at our side and it does look like the complaint was looked into is this not the case? 

From looking at side it does appear the billing issues as you have mentioned as been adjusted already? 

Is there some more credits that wore promised to you? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?