Menu
Miikachu
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Circular conversations with clueless call centre staff...I just want to cancel

About a week ago, I upgraded. Days after the upgrade my landlord gave us notice on our flat, I called Virgin today to cancel the new contract and simply revert back to the broadband we had for the last few weeks before we leave so I don't get caught out by missing the cooling off period.

I have been on the phone now for 2 hours. I have spoken to 'generic' customer service (Ireland), to the movers team (Ireland), back to sales (Philippines), back to the cancellation team, who have put me back through 'generic' customer service who tried to loop me back to the movers team. It would be funny if it wasn't my life. I ended up hanging up because I had to try and actually do some of my own work today.

Tried calling back again, spoke to 'generic' customer service, who transferred me to the movers team...who have now looped me back to the cancellation team (who don't exist I don't think). On hold for a further 51 mins and counting. Been told to visit https://www.virginmedia.com/moving and fill out a form to avoid this nightmare...guess what message I get "Oh, crikey. We can't find that page. Maybe the link you clicked is broken or you typed in the wrong address. Perhaps the page doesn't exist any more. Or maybe it's just a glitch in the matrix." PERFECT.

Essentially Virgin have created a call centre so useless and complex, no one knows where to route your call. I genuinely don't know if I can actually get this resolved before we need to leave. I just want to cancel??? I will definitely be reporting this to OFCOM and CISAS. 

No doubt it won't get sorted and I will end up getting hit with a HUGE bill, demands for payment and threatened with legal action and Virgin will be laughing all the way to the bank because why would they care about the little people?

I HATE THIS COMPANY. 

So anyway, it's much more satisfying voicing my concerns here so I have something in writing when I inevitably lose the will to live, hang up and simply stop my direct debit.

I've had break ups easier than this.

Tags (2)
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Circular conversations with clueless call centre staff...I just want to cancel

You can communicate via messenger with the Home Move team by clicking on the red message us icon using the following /contactus/moving-home  however it's not manned 24/7 and phone calls have priority.

Ideally you should be speaking to either regrades or retentions to cancel your upgrade and revert back to your original contract within the 14 day cooling off period. The best time to call is 8am when lines first open and are least busy.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
J4ney3
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Circular conversations with clueless call centre staff...I just want to cancel

Been trying to get a **bleep**-up resolved (Virgin’s error, not mine) for about 6 weeks and no further forward because there seems to be no-one to contact! It’s hopeless. 

0 Kudos