Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheque refund

I’ve just received a cheque from virgin but due to the current issues I cannot bank it 😕 

is it possible to get it paid into my bank account instead?

Would be really helpful!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cheque refund

Hi, I would check if your bank’s internet app allows the deposit of cheques. Mine does - Bank of Scotland so I would expect Halifax and Lloyds, at least to do likewise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do you have access to the mobile banking app for your particular bank?  Most of these now allow you to deposit a cheque via the app.  You will be taken through the necessary steps, which include using the camera on the phone to take an image of the cheque.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I don’t 😞 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In which case, most banks and post offices are still open, although with restricted hours.  Perhaps you could ask a friend or neighbour to pay it in for you.

All you need to do is write your sort code and account number on the rear of the cheque.  There is no security risk in doing this as it can only be paid into an account that matches the payee details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Some banks have limited opening hours at the moment. Check your bank’s website for when/if your local branch is open. They may also have ATMs which accept cheque deposits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more