forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Lizb12
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheque in wrong name

I've been sent a cheque for money I'm owed, from an account I had with virgin 11 years ago. The cheque has been sent in my maiden name so I'm unable to cash it. I've tried numerous times to contact virgin regarding this. I've rang and apparently someone was raising a dispute.. I heard nothing. I was on live chat for 2 hours, I was told again a dispute would be raised... I heard nothing. I submitted a formal complain.. Guess what? Yep, heard nothing back. If I owed money, you'd disable my services, but it's obviously acceptable for virgin to owe me money and do nothing to help me get my money back. Your customer service is appalling, your agents are rude, unhelpful and lie. 

0 Kudos
Danny08
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cheque in wrong name

Hello, 

Since you have opened complaint, then would give the switch board, call on 03434 299 0000 ask for the complaints department.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lizb12, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear of the delay in getting your money back and also not hearing from the complaints team.  How recently was the original complaint raised?  Also, have you sent a scan or copy of your proof of name change?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lizb12
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I submitted complaint a couple of weeks ago with the complaints department. I've got a virgin account in my married name. I'm guessing that's how you found me to send me the cheque back in the first place. I had this account at my old address 11/12 years ago. I haven't been asked to scan anything. I've just been met with rude and unhelpful advisers whenever I have tried to resolve this. 

0 Kudos