Menu
Slcmt_78
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cheque in maiden name

Hi, I have received a refund check but it has my maiden name on so can’t pay it into my account. How do I get it reissued with the correct name. 
thanks I’m advance 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cheque in maiden name

Hi Slcmt_78 and sorry you're having issues cashing the cheque you're received from us. May I ask whether it's in relation to an old account and if so when was it last disconnected?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Slcmt_78
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes it’s in regards to an old account. I really don’t remember when it was but I’d say over 7 years ago 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah thanks. I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can grab some more details from you so we can take a look at the cheque issue. Please reply back to it 🙂

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a much easier way round this one, which I have researched for a previous incident of this type. Take the cheque, your marriage cert and our passport to your bank. Explain what has happened and the rules do permit the bank to pay it into your account as long as you can satisfy them that you are the person to whom the cheque was issued.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos