Menu
customer---X
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cheaper service for UC claiments

According to the BBC, those customers on Universal Credit can get a reduced service with a discounted price, but I see no info on the Virgin site. How do we get it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55529291

Don't worry. After much searching, I found the page. They are certainly not going out of their way to make it easy to find.

For those that need it https://www.virginmedia.com/help/register-for-essential-broadband

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cheaper service for UC claiments

Hi customer--X,

This link should help /register-for-essential-broadband 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Estreeter
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone know if there is a fault with the online registering form for essential broadband. I've been trying for 2 days and all I'm getting is There was a problem submitting the form.

0 Kudos
customer---X
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not sure about now, but when I did mine, it was all completed within 3 days
0 Kudos
Estreeter
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Finally managed to upload the form after 3 days of trying,  like the last chap said they should get back to  me in 2 or 3 days, hopefully it will go smoothly.

0 Kudos
Pmf2
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone managed to successfully switch to this recently? I received the email to reply with a screenshot of my universal credit statement on 18 Feb which I did the same day, nothing further received from them nor has my package changed. I also replied again on 23 Feb when my new universal credit statement was issued, no reply or change of package. I sent a complaint C-020321391 but no one has replied to that either. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Estreeter
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I  finally got it sorted on Tuesday, so it can be done, I'd try replying to the email link they give you every couple of days, till it's sorted, and it always helps to be polite, they are just people working in difficult circumstances due to covid, patience is a virtue, especially when you start to get frustrated, good luck.

Pmf2
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That’s great to hear Estreeter. Thanks for the advice, hopefully someone will get back to me soon.

0 Kudos