Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheaper option.

Hi, I am really struggling to pay my bill and am looking for a cheaper option. I am elderly, disabled and have impaired hearing so I absolutely need the broadband to keep in touch with others. I do still have a land line but never use it except for emergencies. I don't have Virgin TV. My bill is almost £50 a month. Can anybody help to halve that, please?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cheaper option.

Hi Neesargon,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the package you are currently on due to the price and the fact you don't use all that you are paying for.

This isn't something we can do from here however I recommend contacting  our customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4 and they can take a look into what they can do for you, they are available   Monday – Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday - Sunday 9am-6pm. they will be able to do a full review on your account and get the best deal suited to both your needs and your pocket, If you do need any further help, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Paul,  I tell you that I have impaired hearing and, consequently, do not use the phone.

You tell me to phone the customer relations team.

And then you email me to ask how helpful you have been.

Need I say more?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry for the mix up in our previous response

We don't issue package changes on our Community Forums and I would advise that as I don't work in retentions I wouldn't be able to offer sizable discounts

However I'd be willing to go into the account with you and see what we can do

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Neesargon wrote:

Paul,  I tell you that I have impaired hearing and, consequently, do not use the phone.

You tell me to phone the customer relations team.

And then you email me to ask how helpful you have been.

Need I say more?

with respect Paul does say that this is something they cannot do from here - maybe that could have been put clearer - staff here cannot look at package costs or do package changes

i note what you have said about hearing problems - maybe you could get someone else to ring whilst you are there - the agent may just want a word with you to confirm you are happy to let someone else speak for you or may take things at face value if things are explained

you or someone would be better speaking to the UK agents

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

as to reducing your bill - you dont say what BB speed you are on - so you may be able to reduce that to lower the cost - dropping the phone line may actually increase your bill as you would lose a multi package discount - you say you pay £50 - looking to halve that - i would suggest will not be possible - but you wont know until you ask

you would probably get a better deal leaving VM and getting a new customer deal with another isp - but theres hassle in that you may not think worth the saving

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you or trying to help, Tony.

If I had someone who could help, I would have already asked them.

I am alone and, since I am deaf,  the internet is  an essential lifeline for me.   But my income is very limited so I need a cheaper option.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ok - VM have said they will try and help so look for the PM and reply to that - hopefully they can do something 

Tony
0 Kudos