cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chasing a refund since October 2020

shill58
Tuning in

Hi,

I am writing on this board as I have seen there has been success with actually speaking to someone who gets the job done.

I am chasing a refund of £385.50 in over paid payments - As my deal was set but the direct debit was taking the wrong amount!

I have had 2-3 complaint numbers, I have spoken to many people since before Covid who have stated that they can see by the notes on my account I am owed money back from over payment.

I even have voice recordings of the conversations stating that they are sending the refund and I have even got emails sent saying it will be sent.

But as I am here, you will have guessed I never receive the refund.

I don't know why it is taking this long and covid was a tough time for everyone, and we have all lost energy over this period of time but I am writing here to ask for final help before I have to get external help from either CEDR or other bodies.

As I said I have evidence of the calls, voice recordings and complaint numbers so if someone can contact me on the board it might actually get sorted.

Regards

Susan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shill58,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're very sorry to hear that you've still not had your cheque refund from October 2020.

We would like to investigate this matter further for you to find out why this has not been issued.

So I can access your account, I will pop you over a private message. Please click on the envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shill58,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're very sorry to hear that you've still not had your cheque refund from October 2020.

We would like to investigate this matter further for you to find out why this has not been issued.

So I can access your account, I will pop you over a private message. Please click on the envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for the private message shill58,

I have now requested the cheque refund on your behalf, this can take up to 14 days to arrive.

Please let us know when you receive your cheque.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

Thanks for your help so far! I will keep you updated.

Thanks again

Susan

Looks like you are getting there at last which is a tribute to your patience and determination (and also to Jodi for doing the right thing).

Given the timeline I'd give it three weeks and then begin ADR https://www.commsombudsman.org/

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

robputt
On our wavelength

"I have had 2-3 complaint numbers" < I hope these complaints are still "open" and over 8 weeks old. If so head to https://www.commsombudsman.org/raise-dispute/virgin-media and raise an ombudsman complaint regarding Virgin Media. They will listen to your case, you should document everything you have done so far and provide evidence suggesting VM owe you money. They should hopefully find in your favour and instruct VM to pay you what you are owed. If VM continue after this not to pay then you could consider raising a small claim via the court to force VM to pay you, in this case I would also claim statutory interest on the outstanding balance and also your fees. Quite frankly having outstanding money owed to you for over 2 years isn't acceptable.

My Broadband Ping - Rob's VM Connection

shill58
Tuning in

Thanks for the replies and information.

Jodi sorted everything for me in a few hours. The cheque was received and it has now cleared 🙂

If you have a genuine complaint or problem I do think the forums is the place to come. On the phone or chat just wasted a lot of time.

Thanks again

Susan

Thanks for coming back to us shill58. I'm glad to hear that Jodi was able to resolve the issues and we can spread a smile of joy. 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L