cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chasing Black Friday upgrade order

PHudnott
Joining in

I placed a Black Friday upgrade order on 11 December to upgrade to 1gig broadband.

I have the emails confirming the order and new 18 month contract but order doesn’t show under my orders.

Both WhatsApp chat and calling 150 have me going round in circles stating that they are unable to see orders placed online and am I sure I placed the order, on WhatsApp I even uploaded copies of the order and a live screenshot of the offer only to be told that it was not correct. Both avenues end up transferring me to retentions who surprise, surprise can’t see the deal I have signed up for and can only upgrade me to 1 gig at a price that is around £25/month more than I am paying now.

Is there a direct number I can call to reach someone that can see orders placed on line and is willing to honour the contract price I was originally given.

IMG_0355.jpegB657F698-ECAF-4462-AB41-21B749645E68.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PHudnott 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had 😔

Have you raised a complaint about this matter? Advice on how to do so can be found here

Once raised, you can track your complaint for any updates using our online checker here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Complaint now raised. Complaint number C-0412231434

thanks

Philip

Hi Philip, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. I'm sorry that the deal hasn't been applied yet. When you take out an offer online, these deals are exclusive and not available to agents. They usually go to a back office team who then processes them on your account. During this time, we won't be able to see the deal. 

I'd like to look into this for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

P, they are doing this to EVERYONE! We had a contract upgrade offer of £41.12 for broadband only so went ahead with it on the 27th November. Pre contract docs received etc and still it's not gone through. Nothing at all showing in our account. So I asked them what was going on last week and they tried to sell me an even more expensive package. They're now saying the deal I signed up for on the 27th is not valid (even though it was on our upgrade/renewal page). So our latest bill is £68! As if we are on a rolling contract. If you're in the cooling off period..GET OUT!