Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Charging after end of contract

My contract ends 31st October but my latest bill includes charges to 24th November. Waiting time on phone to speak to someone is over an hour. Why is when Virgin (and other companies) make a mistake it is up to the customer to do all the running around to resolve. Excuse as usual for long phone delays is number of calls/Corona . Heres a thought Virgin, you are a tech company, set on more staff and get them working from home. Alternatively get your bills correct in first place then customers wouldn't have to waste their time trying to get in touch with you.

I have been with Virgin for more years than I care to remember but the only people Virgin are bothered about are new customers. Absolutely no reward for loyalty

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charging after end of contract

Hi stanbroadbent,

Sorry you are not happy with your bill.

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed. If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Virgin Media do have agents working from home, and have actually taken on around an extra 600 agents since the epidemic started

/virgin-media-creates-nearly-100-customer-contact-centre-jobs  and virgin-media-creates-more-than-500-customer-contact-centre-jobs 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Okay then

1. If you have set on 600 extra why are the waiting times so long?

2. Why does the refund take 45 days when it is money you are not entitled to? I gave notice I was leaving 1st October way before bill was produced.

2. Why when I have to pay for direct debit do you refund by cheque which means you keep my money even longer?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stanbroadbent,

Our apologies for any frustration with your disconnection.

Although we do have more agents now we are still receiving high amounts of inbound contact from our customers. 

The 45 day period is due to ensure that there is no missed charges. Once that is confirm we then sent the refund out via cheque. 

The cheque refund is our chosen methods for refunds.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You will have selected cheque refund as this enables you to keep money for at least another week.

Take it as Virgin like cheques they will have no problem if I cancel my direct debit and issue a cheque for final bill.

As a customer I will have the final word, I will never place business with Virgin Media again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Very sorry you feel this way, stanbroadbent. However this is the method we have for issuing refunds.

Thanks,

Corey C

0 Kudos