Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Charged for paper billing which I didn't ask for

I became a Virgin Media customer last June, signed up for e-billing. All was fine until December, when I randomly received a paper bill and a £1.75 charge. I hadn't changed anything on my account. Phoned customer services and after spending a great deal of time on the phone I was told they were sorry for the error, I would be switched back to e-bills and credited £1.75. That £1.75 credit appeared on my online account but never went back to my bank account. January I had an e-bill, then in February another paper bill came through the post, with another £1.75 charge. This time when I phoned I was on the phone for even longer. The person I spoke to said I wasn't signed up for e-bills So how come I had e-bills from June to November, and for January? He had no idea, but implied that I'd changed the settings in my account, which I haven't. I said I wanted to make an official complaint. I got a complaint number but then he said he would 'immediately' apply the credit (£3.50 in total for the two paper bills and the complaint would be marked as resolved! So today the direct debit came out of my account, but I still haven't had the £3.50 credit showing in my VM account. I really can't face phoning Customer Services again, it's at least half an hour out of my life every time!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Charged for paper billing which I didn't ask for

Possibly the forum staff can intervene and sort this out (with compensation for your time and hassle).

If not, then let things ride, and eight weeks from the date Virgin Media acknowledged your complaint, escalate to CISAS, the telecoms arbitration service.  They work something like the Energy Ombudsman - free for you to use, but you have to follow their customer guidance or the complaint can't be accepted.

Don't settle for a VM offer that merely refunds your excess charges.  Escalating to CISAS is free to you, but costs VM money, so ask for a reasonable sum (£50 ?) for the effort you've made sorting out their problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I had no idea I could do that. Will wait and see what happens.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No response so far from the forum administrators apart from a 'welcome to the community' , and weirdly, apparently I'm such a valued member of the VM community, having submitted one post, that I've got a badge!! It would be nice if they actually addressed my issue.....Have found the complaint reference number now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anne_VMForum,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our community, 

I am sorry you are having some billing issues and I can take a look at this for you if you would like. I will pop you over a private message asking for some details, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope 🙂 

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have provided the information you asked for several days ago but you have not replied. I would like to escalate this complaint and as well as a refund of the paper billing charges, I expect compensation  for my time and the inconvenience caused. If you continue to ignore my complaint, I will  be referring it to CISAS.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Anne_VMForum

I can see that we did indeed reply to your Private Message at around 8.30am yesterday morning. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the Community Page - you can click the envelope to check for your replies. Feel free to pop Zoie_P a reply back if you need any further assistance with your billing query. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos