Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Charged for not returning router - no packaging provided

Hi folks. 

little over 5 weeks I left Virgin Media and moved abroad. When asked (in advance) where I wanted the packaging sent, I provided the details of my neighbour, who kindly agreed to arrange the return for me.

despite multiple calls to an overseas call center, multiple chats on the website and following the instructions in the reminder emails to a t; no packaging has been provided. 

having received (and followed up on) multiple reminders, subsequently the threats of charging for the non-return started. I was then assured (chat and verbally) that no charge would be placed on my account since the failure to provide packaging was all on Virgin. 

law and behold I have now received a £40 bill for the Virgin Hub.

I can only agree with the sentiment from other posters that it seems Customer Service will promise anything but deliver nothing. 

I am at a complete loss and not sure where to go from here. Suspect my phone bill to Virgin (from abroad) is already well above the £40 they are asking. I have no use whatsoever for the bloody boxes and trying to return them feels like a full time job....

Any advise much appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for not returning router - no packaging provided

Hi milehigh, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

This is definitely not what we like to hear and I would like to help get this sorted. 

I will need take some details in regards to the equipment's current location and arrange the return. 

To get this done, I will just need to pop you over a private message and grab a few more details. 

The message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged for not returning router - no packaging provided

Natalie. Just arrived by email today was your ’final reminder’ to return the equipment. Having been in touch 10+ times to advise that you have yet to send the returns packaging and labels. When can I send you MY final reminder to provide means to return your boxes?

Kind regards,

FE4D7CBD-C826-42FA-9AE2-B06566BDE1A9.jpeg

0 Kudos