Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for free installation offer

SL13
Joining in
Ref: Account number [REMOVED]
Area reference: [REMOVED]

I signed up for Virgin Broadband in July online with a free installation offer. However I have been charged for the installation/ activation fee on my first bill. It also appears on the contract but this is not what agreed to when signing up online.

Would you please investigate and advise me urgently by phone or email at to confirm and rectify the situation . The system was installed and activated 5 days ago on on 11 July.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
1 REPLY 1

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @SL13,

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the forums! Sorry to hear you have been incorrectly charged for activation fee when this was supposed to be excluded in your offer.

Here's a breakdown of how the First Bill works - as the activation fee is a standard fee, this sometimes appears on the bill and we credit that back to you if it's not due.

I would like to look into this for you further, to ensure that you are not being charged for anything you shouldn't be. I'll just send you a private message to confirm your account details so please look out for the purple envelope at the top of the screen (as per the Community Guidelines, these should not be written publicly so have been redacted from the original post.) 

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide