cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged cancellation fee for dead father’s tv and phone package

Helen006
Tuning in

My father tragically and unexpectedly died last weekend (3rd September). He was a old man who lived on his own, and his Virgin tv package was a great comfort (and company) to him. As he was not connected to the internet, and not very savvy with anything like that anyway, I set up and managed his account in my name. In the midst of this very distressing time, I thought cancelling his service with Virgin would be straight forward. However, it has in fact added greatly to our distress. Apparently, even though it is clear no one else lives in the house, I have been told I must pay a £240 cancellation fee because the account was not in his name. I cannot believe how Virgin, which I always thought had a good reputation for good customer service, can be so cruel and insensitive. The charge is because we renewed his service in April, even though he was with Virgin for over 14 years.

Has anyone been through this who can give some advice to try to persuade Virgin to be a little more reasonable? It seems people who try to help elderly relatives by managing their accounts are being penalised.

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Helen006

First of all please accept my personal apologies for you having to contact us on here 

Also I am so so sorry to hear about your recent loss 

I can't Imagine the stress this must be causing you and your Family 

I am able to get all this looked into and resolved 

I would need to send you a private message to get the accounts details if that is okay 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Hi Gareth,

I have provided the details requested in your PM.

Helen

Thank you Helen006

I have just replied back by Private Message to you as well with our Resolution 

Gareth_L

Thank you Gareth for helping so quickly with this. I am really grateful, and appreciate you resolving this satisfactorily. You have restored my faith in Virgin’s customer service.

Hi Helen006,

Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm pleased to hear that Gareth was able to help out. We'll be sure to pass on your feedback to him.

If you need anything else at all please don't hesitate to let us know

Kindest regards

Beth

Beth