Menu
Jason181a
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Charge after cancellation, can't get help on the phone

Hello everyone.

I gave my 30 days notice of cancellation at the end of September. This corresponded with the end of my contract ending at the end of October. I switched to BT and had everything installed and my landline number ported over 3 days before the end of my virgin contract. I cancelled my direct debit over the phone with virgin billing department and then received and paid a final bill. All good and as far as I was aware all finished.

Then I got charged for a month of talk weekends. I knew this was incorrect as my BT account showed my number ported over and billing starting on the date before my virgin contract ended. I do not have virgin service at all on this number. I called virgin and got told that the number wasn't ported. I explained it was but got told by billing department that I had to pay and this would then be refunded. I said I wouldn't do this as it was incorrect and this needed to be investigated first. I got told then to call back in 7 days as they would send me a new final bill and cancel the phone service. This didn't happen, so I called cancellation department who said that the port was cancelled, which I assured them that it wasn't and was definitely done. By this point I had called BT and they confirmed that the number was ported with no issues on the date before virgin contract end. The virgin worker told me they would pass this to their top resolution team and it would be sorted within 48 hours and they would cancel the phone. This was 10 days ago. My account still shows talk weekends and now shows my bill as overdue. 

I don't know what to do, I also filled out the complaints form online and this hasn't been answered either after over 2 weeks. No one helps me with this problem and still won't cancel the phone, so I will get charged for another month in a few days.

I don't want to have to go through the ombudsman, is there a direct complaints line or some department within virgin I can call directly to get this sorted over the phone?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charge after cancellation, can't get help on the phone

Hi Jason181a,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. Sorry to hear this has occurred, I will send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos