cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels not updated after updated contract

qprstu
Joining in

I’ve changed my package from today and I’ve now got sky sports, cinema and Netflix. These channels are still not available (greyed out on the channel guide) 

I’ve called twice and no further forward. How  difficult can it be to just update my channels? 

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Possibly it will not happen until the guide is reloaded overnight. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @qprstu 

How did you perform the package regrade?

If it was done over the phone then the new channels are usually added immediately. However, if you are also receiving new equipment, then they won't be added until the new equipment is installed and activated.

Any other method normally takes between 48 and 72 hours as the channels need to be added manually.

You could try rebooting your equipment.

Also, if you have a V6 box you can try to update your channels by using your V6 remote and clicking on

Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels and allowing around 10 minutes or so to update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you. I made it clear- several times - that I would not be activating the additional box that comes with my new deal for the foreseeable future. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@qprstu wrote:

Thank you. I made it clear- several times - that I would not be activating the additional box that comes with my new deal for the foreseeable future. 

Hi again @qprstu 

You won't receive the extra channels until you receive the new box.  Do you already have a VM supplied coaxial point for the additional box?  If not they usually send  a tech to install coax wiring for the additional connection

Sometimes the new box arrives pre-activated which shouldn't present a problem, however if you still don't get the new channels when the additional box has been delivered you may need to connect it temporarily to kickstart the channel update.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali