Menu
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Changing name as person died (out of contract) Advice.

This is mainly for confirmation please...

My dad passed away 6 weeks ago, im in the process of changing the name and awaiting call on this Monday coming, its the same address just swapping the first name,just looked online and says no longer with Virgin Media which i still are as its all working.

My questions are.

1.....I don't want a new contract only a name change as this one has no contract and been told once changed it will be a ''rolling 30 day contract'' and i want this way 100% as i can cancel any time with no claws of breaking contract.....Is this right....as says closed online but will he just do same contract in my name.

2....Can i change some stuff like add ons for example....phone... the calls anytime as home phone will not be used at all as this would save me £12 a month area and premium things...HD upgrade and also the movies as i never watched them just the sports which i have.

I asked this as im under doctor for health issues so can't work so its just limited amount of saving im working off so i don't want any 18 months contract as if this is the case i will have no option to cancel the whole like and go with another internet provider on a monthly contract just for internet.

I just want it 100% confirmed this will be a 30 roll over contract with no claws so can cancel anytime as i don't know what the future holds.

The person i spoke to was a Bereavement person through V.M and is ringing Monday.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing name as person died (out of contract) Advice.

Well same again,2nd time now tried to change the name on account as my dad passed away 6 weeks ago and contract all paid so it was going to have a name change/30 day rolling contract/remove a few stuff i don't use as in my first subject above this.

Rang 2 weeks ago never changed..........I rang up Friday and said would ring me today at 12 as he works 12 till 8 this was bereavement person and yet again nothing and now close to 2 so only 2 hours late,did think bereavement side would understand a little more on pressure and stuff but don't seem that way.

All i want is name change/cancel a few stuff on the package/30 day rolling contract as there is no contract and don't want new 12 or 18 month contract.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace1969,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. Really sorry to hear of the issues you are facing trying to get your late fathers account changed over in to your name.

We understand at this difficult time this is something that should be a seamless process, so we can only aologise for the delays caused.

Unfortunately this is something our bereavement team would deal with for you.  As this is a request to change the name on the account there is a certain process we have to follow. Have you spoken to our Bereavement team since Monday when you were supposed to be called back?

Our Bereavement team number is 0800 952 2302

If so please can you let us know on the progress of this and we will assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Update.

The problem is they can't connect the phone and all the rest is working and I rang on the Monday but said they can't change name until phone is connected so still waiting, phone went off last Thursday and was working fine before, got to ring them this Friday if still not on.

It is 100% a 30 day roll over contract which is what i want.

When it's done they will cancel the phone as never used at all and paying for it as it also has talk anytime,i have virgin mobile as my main phone.

It's been a week now with no phone line only because I'm paying for it (line and talk anytime) but as i said it is never used at all.

....Got to say the 2 people i have spoken to were very helpful and trying everything and said the phone isn't as easy to connect same as others stuff and as they can do a lot its down to the other people to turn it on as to turn t.v and broadband on its 10 minutes job which it was all up and running.

So no name change as yet but have seen today the online account is back working still in my passed away dads name.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My deepest condolences to you and your family jace1969 and I understand you want to get this resolved as quickly as possible as it's one less thing to think about in these difficult times.

I've had a look at the details and can see that the agent you spoke to has been making the necessary changes to the account and that an email has been sent. 

Do keep us updated and let us know if you have anymore queries about the account.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I spoke to the person and removed some stuff like HD upgrade/movies/phone(which will go off tomorrow but not been on for a week anyway/internet down to 100mb as don't do gaming so didn't need 350 just use Netflix and laptop like YouTube.

Its saved £20 a month but on a 30 day rolling contract (online account won't be true and updated completely until 48 hours ) as it shows 2 accounts mixed up like my true bill but also shows the £79 one i was going to have in March but 18 months contract which I didn't want and didn't need the speed and stuff so this is cancelled now as it's not that contract or package i have now or need so not 18months.

Mine is full tv/sky sports/2 boxes/100mg broadband on a 30 day contract as from today.

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi jace1969,

Can you give it till next week and check? I ask because when I looked at your account, the agent only very very recently was in it to make the changes. We can then check again next week to make sure everything is as expected.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes as the online account is all over the place,the t.v and broadband is all on and been changed but online it dont make any sence.

The account number is like its linked to 3 different things.

1.........Dads name still and old email and also old password but same account number to my new one started today with different email/password.

2........My name on direct debit which is ok.

3.......New price from today seems ok

This is the 4th time now and none of it makes sense, should be the same account number with my name and my new email/password and package details.

I will await for next week but I'm logging it to see anything on the old email/password of my dads or my new email/password says don't recognize it.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jace1969,

Can you please try logging in again for me when you have some free time and if there's anything further we need to look at for you, we can take this to a private messaging conversation

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
jace1969
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just logged in and these are the things that are wrong.

1....i have to log in with my dads log in details not the one i set up last week as the one i set up last week says cant find name/password.

2...still dads name but it's my stuff (max tv with sky sports and extra box/100mb broadband/no phone) this is right.

3...press contract and says the march 13....2021 one which is 18 months (my new one is now and 30 day roll over contract) the March 13 one don't exist now as it should of been cancelled as this one is active and what i will keep being 30 day roll over which i need.

4.... Its dads name still with my package but with the contract for 2021 March 18 months, its like a mix up of 3 (dads name and log in/my package/March 2021 contract.

I should log in with my new email/password with the things on above (number 2 ) and a 30 day roll over contract.

0 Kudos