Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing my package

Why is it not possible to downgrade my account via the website? I'd like to go to just broadband, cancelling my phone and TV options, but it's impossible. 

- The pests who call me daily on my landline won't offer me a package that's cheaper, just pointless upgrades

- I can't get to the package I want online

- Nobody has knowingly answered the phone since lockdown at Virgin, although they are happy to ring me, they can't transfer me and they can't 'access that system Mr' 

Can I get through to you in any other way??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing my package

VM is still taking calls. but it may take longer.
You have never been able to downgrade online

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've tried at loads of different times today, 30 minutes wait each time, no answer. I know it's taking longer, but they've called me everyday this week to 'upgrade' my package, so why can't I deal with that person?? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi penfold,

sorry it's difficult getting through on the phones, I know it doesn't help your situation but it's the same elsewhere. I had problems getting through to my electricity supplier this morning.

Virgin have actually taken on an extra 150 call staff since the start of the virus, and are advertising now for another 100.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but if calling it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos