Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing my package / cancelling

Hi.  My contract ends this week.  I'd like to change to a cheaper package, or even cancel my account (given that I'm not in my flat right now because of Covid-19).  When I phone, the message is that the call centres are overwhelmed, so please log on and do it online.  When I go online, I get a message saying Oops, something went wrong, we can't change your package at this time.

Any advice please?  Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing my package / cancelling

This thread tells you most of what you need to know.  And this one contains my thoughts on how you might proceed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andruser

I'd seen those helpful threads - I did manage to finally get through on the phone - explained my problem - cancelled my package - then a few days later someone phoned me with a splendid cheap offer on a reduced package, which was the solution I'd hoped for.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, that's good to know - VM have been trying to minimise discounting for the last six months or so, and making token efforts at "win-back", but it looks like customer losses have persuaded them that they can't keep going in this way.  So there's hope yet when my discount ends later this year, although I'm still half inclined to go back to Openreach due to VM's poor customer service and mediocre reliability.

0 Kudos