cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing broadband provider

Attenbhp
Joining in

After many years of a good service with Virgin Media, I am going to change provider as soon as all the annual price rises have been finalised.  Is it true that from April 3rd I can change provider without having to go through the ridiculous process of cancelling Virgin myself, and that the new provider can manage the whole thing?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No, you need to give 30days notice to VM. The process that I suspect you're referring to applies to BT-Openreach based ISP's only, which VM is not.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts, it does seem to apply to Virgin Media as well, see We’re making it easier than ever to switch your broadband provider - Ofcom

Will wait for forum team to confirm.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure it applies to Virgin Media re this quote from the document:

Switching between networks

If you're switching to, or from, a full-fibre broadband service or a provider that doesn’t use the Openreach network – such as Virgin Media – you will need to stop your service with your current provider and start a new service with a new provider. You should contact both providers.”

…. and what if you have TV in your bundle?

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Attenbhp, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

When cancelling your contract we currently require you to give notice to cancel the team. More information on how to cancel can be found here

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules