Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Changing account holders at same address

I am looking at changing account holder in two weeks when my 12 month contract runs out.

Account is under my name at the moment, I don't want to retain VM but the wife does. 

Can she negotiate as a new customer as account will be fully under her control and accountable for all costs. 

Supply address will be unchanged

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing account holders at same address

Never been any official guidance AFAIK on this.

Its likely to work though.

Couple of caveats- Its going to be difficult to time one contract stopping and one starting, so you may well incurr some down time.

Remember the new account will require credit checks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Current Plan is ult phone time, t6 box, fun tv pack, line costs inclusive. 

No hardware wear changes or wiring required

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yeah but thats not the way it works.

When you close the old account, you will have to return the old equipment

You get sent new kit with the new account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi smartcarbits,

Thank you for getting in touch with your account query. Kippies has already given some pretty good info, but I'd like to clarify a couple of things.

If you wish to continue with the existing equipment and the existing package/contract, you can complete a Transfer of Responsibility. This would just move the current services into your wife's name with no downtime or change in services.

However, if your wife wants to sign up as a new customer, you would need to schedule in a disconnection for your existing services and start from scratch. To be eligible for new customer deals, your wife must create a new account and can't have had any services in her name at the same property within the past three months.

If you decided to go ahead with this, you would need to give the standard 30 days notice for disconnection with our retentions team, then your wife could book in a QuickStart order for the next day. You should have less than 24 hours without service in your home.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm wanting to do a similar thing, changing my account to my wife as the primary account holder. I have completed the transfer forms, but would like to understand if the current plan we're on will remain the same, and it also says she will need to go on to a minimum term contract, but unsure how long that would be.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gamer01,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, when a TOR transfer or responsibility is done the account is generally kept as is unless a change is discussed, the contract term is also carried on.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos