Menu
Maths_User
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing account details

Until recently, I was a second named person on a Virgin Media account. However, that contract has been cancelled and I've organised for a new contract to start in my name now. But I can't register for my new account as my email address is already being used on the old account. Do I have to wait for the official switch over (in 3 days time) or is there a way of registering for my own account now. All emails about the new account are going to the correct email address, so this is clearly the one that was registered when I set it up.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing account details

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Maths_User,

Is this email address that you're wanting to use, the primary email address of the old account or is it secondary?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Maths_User
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My question is answered now, as the old contract finished last Friday and the new contract started on Saturday. 

It turns out that if an email address is registered as a second user on an account then it can't be used to register another account. Also, only the primary user of an account can change the details of the second user. However, once the contract is terminated, the email address is then released and can be used to register another account. So, I just had to wait until Saturday and then my email address was available to register my new account.

I still can't see the point in registering a second user at all. My husband did it as he knew he would be working away most of the time and he wanted me to be able to manage the account. However, despite being the bill payer, I wasn't able to do anything on his account and customer support still wouldn't talk to me when things went wrong (which was the main reason for registering me). So, in the end, it just caused me more hassle when trying to set up my own account.

I won't make the mistake of registering a second user on my account.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Maths_User, thanks for the message and sorry for the delayed reply, we are glad to hear that you have been able to get things resolved and please sent us a message if you need assistance with anything? Chris 

0 Kudos