Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Changing Direct Debit collection date

Online support advises texting a specific number to change a DD collection date. I have done this so many times and been lefting hanging for hours and transferred to so many different people but to no avail. I have also received conflicting advice suggesting I can do this myself online - which you can't. Another suggested phoning. I am skeptical at doing this because the last time I called (from mobile which isn't virgin) it cost me in excess of £8 for the call. Ironically this was to query an incorrect billing of £5.45!  As a new customer to virgin, I am very frustrated and disappointed with the customer serviece I have received - or in this case, not received.  Can anyone help, please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Direct Debit collection date

Hello @DG53

Welcome to our Community and thank you so much for your first post to our Forums; I was very sorry to read that you have had some issues getting the help you need in regard to changing your Direct Debit date. 

I can confirm that this cannot be done via your online account so I can only apologise if you were advised as such - you can change your banking details for your Direct Debit but you are not able to change the billing date. 

There should be no reason as to why we were unable to assist you via the text service (07533051809) - however, I do understand that it is not currently the quickest way to make some changes. We are advising that it can take up to 24-48 hours for an initial reply but we are working on making that quicker once again. 

You can also call us on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or mobile or on 03454541111. If you call our 0345 number, this is charged the same as calling an 01 or 02 number and is most often included in most phone tariffs. 

Moving on though @DG53, we can see that you have indeed attempted to get the help and this is something that we can assist you with via a Private Message. I have located the account in question and I can advise that it meets the criteria needed to make a direct debit date change request - all that is needed is to go through security with you and find a date that better suits you. 

I'll send you a Private Message now - please look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Direct Debit collection date

Hi there @DG53

Thanks so much for your Private Messages - those changes have all been made for you now 🙂 

If you have any questions about your bill as and when you get them, please do free free to pop back and we'll do all we can to assist you. 

Enjoy the rest of your week and stay safe

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos