Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Changing Contract issues

Hi I am trying to sort out my contract as finishes on 11 July and two credits are finishing and can’t afford new price.....spoke to someone eventually, who was so confusing I didn’t understand or have faith in anything he was saying, so I am non the wiser! I need to speak to someone who can help me renegotiate, or cancel services ASAP. Last year my account was messed up so don’t want same happening again. I also understood when new contract came to end customers should be advised of any new prices available to them by law so that they get the best deal available, irrespective of whether they are existing or new customers - Is this correct?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Changing Contract issues

Just as a word of caution, record your phone calls. Save yourself the hassle of going through my situation. 👍

Highlighted
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin Media are still following the Ofcom guidelines regarding the end of contracts, even though Ofcom advised they don't need to during this epidemic.  I received an email from Virgin advising the end of my contract last week, The email details a package which they belive will be suitable to you.  In my case I was already on the top package, so the emial confirmed the new price of that package and the new customer price which I wasn't eligible for.

I dialled 150 from my Virgin landline, spoke to retentions and agreed on a new deal at a price I was happy with. I suggest you take the same route, and if you dial then consider dialling at 8am as that's when it's least busy. You can also call   0345 454 1111 which is a free number so should be included as part of any  landline or mobile package

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah about calling retentions, be careful is all I would say. Given my experience, record your phone call with them. You'll find they say one and do something completely different.