Menu
Highlighted
brt1919
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing Account Name

I've had a look at previous questions on this subject without finding quite the same questions that I have.

My ex & I split a few years ago.  As I was paying for the Virgin account & all the shows saved on the box were mine, along with me having an ntl email address, I took the box with me to my new place & she got a new account at her new place.  However, the account at my place is still solely in her name - it's never been a problem as she gave me the password if I need to ring Virgin.

At this point in time I would like to get it put into my name rather than keep having mail addressed to her.  I've decided to stump up the £20 for this, but what I don't want/can't have is the account being disconnected & email addresses deleted which is what the virgin notes suggest will happen.  Does this also mean shows saved on the Box would also be cleared?

Thank you

0 Kudos
dante01
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing Account Name

You'd need the permission of the original account holder, but if transfering responsibility then you can also transfer the email address previously associated with the old account to the new account after you've transferred the name and registered the new account online. You'd have 90 days after the transfer to do this before the old account will be closed down entirely and the old email is deleted with it.

Note that I've been having issues registering a new My Virgin Media online account after taking responsibility and transfering accounts. THis may result in me losng my old email address if Virgin fail to fix the issue before the 90 days elapse. You may want to hold off transfering until Virgin Media fix the issue that is causing some customers to not be able to register a new My Virgin Media account?