cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to First Bill as New Customer

gw95
Tuning in

I’m a new customer due to have my services installed on 4th Feb.

I originally ordered a broadband-only package for £26/month for 18 months, with £85 bill credit. Yesterday I found a better VM deal which included the same broadband package but also included weekend calls and £100 bill credit for £23.95/month for 18 months. ~ £2/month cheaper, both with no setup fee.

I phoned the Sales Team and my package was swapped over to this deal with no hassle.

However, on my original welcome email my first bill was estimated to be CR £33. Yet, despite this new package being cheaper, my new welcome email I’ve just received estimates my first bill will be CR £52.10. 

Does anyone have any idea why my first bill is now estimated to be nearly £20 higher despite my new packaged being cheaper? The billing period is still the same. I know it’s only an estimate but it is a concerning potential increase for the first month.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As you have just started with us this won't effect you however all customers affected will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the services they have.

The Contract will show as live once installed, the 14 days start from the first day you have an active service.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gw95 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised here surrounding your bill.

Just to confirm here, you've mentioned you expected the first bill to be CR £33, and it's CR £52.10 - this in fact means the first bill is actually estimated to be nearly £20 cheaper, not dearer than you've mentioned. Think of the CR as a minus figure.

I hope this helps but do you need any further assistance with this?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi @Tom_W1

Thanks for the reply. I was under the impression that CR £52.10 would be a bigger chunk of my bill credit gone quicker, despite the package being cheaper. Is this not the case?

On a separate note I had to re-schedule installation from 4th Feb to 18th Feb. I did this online and can now see the updated appointment in my online account. However my contract/agreement start date is still showing as 4th Feb online. Is this correct? Will I be billed for this period from 4th Feb to 18th Feb despite not yet being set up?

Hi gw95,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome to Virgin Media, regarding your first bill and your install date changing, you will only be billed from the date the services become live, the fists bill is always a double bill as you are billed from the day the services start, up to the billing date, then 1 month in advance.

We advise when possible to set up an Online Account so you can view your bills, manage your account and make some minor changes.

Regards

Paul.

Hi @Paul_DN

Thanks for the info. So, just to confirm, despite my online account stating my agreement started on 4th Feb I am actually not in contract until my installation on 18th Feb, meaning the online contract date is wrong? And my 14 day “cooling off period” won’t start until the 18th Feb?

I can also see customers seem to be receiving price increase emails for April and May at the moment. As a new customer will I be affected by these increases in April/May?

Thanks

As you have just started with us this won't effect you however all customers affected will receive a personalised communication that will detail the specific change to your monthly charge. Price increases will vary as it will be specific to the services they have.

The Contract will show as live once installed, the 14 days start from the first day you have an active service.

Regards

Paul.