Menu
Crowen2013
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change package during cooling off period

Hi. I’ve just joined virgin, but I’m having 2nd thoughts about the package I’m on. Is it possible to change it during the cooling off period? 

im thinking of maybe dropping the tv and just keeping the broadband. 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change package during cooling off period

I'm confident that VM would change your package during the cooling off period, as they've already incurred the cost of setting up your account and connecting you. No way of managing your account online, and as far as I know the forum staff can't do this for you, so you'll need to phone. 

Consensus is that phoning up first thing in the morning is the best time to call, although I've not actually seen any data to prove that.  Phone up, select relevant options until you have the choice of "thinking of leaving us", and that should put you through to the customer retentions team who usually do a good job sorting things out.  In the unlikely even that there's any "as you're now a customer I can't offer you the same broadband price that we advertise to new customers" then call their bluff by saying you'll cancel (so long as you mean it).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Crowen2013
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I’ve gone for the disconnection in the end as they wouldn’t offer me a deal on just broadband. I’ve had no email though confirming it though so I just hope it has gone through. 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're concerned by the lack of confirmation, follow up with a letter as per the T&Cs.

I find it remarkable that Virgin Media would prefer a customer to cancel after they've been connected rather than change the package to other deals they're publicly offering.  I'd guess VM will have spent around £200 in the costs of connection and setup, plus the lost revenue stream (even on a broadband and phone package) of around £500+ over the 18 month fixed term.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos