Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Change of tv package in jan20

I downgraded my broadband to 50  in jan 20 as could not afford the annual increase. At no point was I told this would affect my tv mix. I have had it for years.  Discovered that I am now on mixit  which reduced the channels. When I contacted Virgin was told I could have these channels back for £7 a month and am now on freeview only. Nobody would give me an answer to why this happened all I am  told i I have changed my package which was never explained to me. I use my TiVo box a lot as I have limited mobility and watch tv a lot. Please put back the channels you have stopped. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of tv package in jan20

TV mix is no longer sold, you will need to move to a current bundle that suits your needs

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know mix is no longer sold but if I did not change it, it should stay. Always has in the past and I was not notified of this or given an explanation. I think the cost is too much £54 for freeview  tv and 50 broadband and had gone up to £65 with 100 broadband . Virgin advertising for new customers at less than half.Just discovered now tv stick where I can get all channels I want. So will be disposing of Virgin once I sort out a tv record box and change emails.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can't change anything without changing the TV. you do not pay for 2 services (TV and Internet) you pay for a package. You have to change to a new (current) package.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zara1, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I'm sorry your services have been changed. The TV mix is no longer available which I do apologise for, however if you give our customer service team a call they will be more than happy to look into what other packages will suit you. We can't change packages here on the forums unfortunately. 

I understand changes such as this can be a shock, however price rises and business decisions are done in order to bring out better services in future.

The team you'll need to chat with are on 0345 454 1111, choose option 1, 4 then 1 again. Let us know if you need any further advice and we'll try our best to help. 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin did not explain this. I asked what reduction I could get as cannot afford new price and was told there were no reductions. I said I could manage with 50 broadband as it never goes above this anyway. And was given new price. Not once was it explained  it was a whole package change. I have always done this before and never had a problem if virgin changed the rules they should inform me.

anyway to update my son is buying me a tv record box and has got me a now stick to watch missed channels. So once I get this set up I’m off. I will get broadband a lot cheaper  I only have to give 30 days notice so bye virgin after years 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're looking to leave us Zara1.

Our team can go through options to get these channels back for you if possible on a price suitable to you, if you're still unhappy with this the same team can put through your 30 days notice.

They're contactable on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4. 

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos