cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of password

andya2
On our wavelength

Hi folks,

Today I've dailled150  from my land line,as I want to arrange an appointment for an engineer to call. This is in response to an email from Virgin telling me of a change from analogue to digital service. The problem is , after pressing phone buttons to get to the relevant dept., I get as far as giving various characters of my password, only to be told it's incorrect. After being locked out for an hour, because of the "error", I changed my password ,after giving my email address, mother's maiden name, only to be told the password is wrong. I have gone through the process of changing the password 3 more times, but it still has not been accepted by the phone bot. I dont think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm an old guy...so who knows???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @andya2 

The passcode isn't the same as your account password, it's the memorable word from when your account was first set up.

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update it by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @andya2 

The passcode isn't the same as your account password, it's the memorable word from when your account was first set up.

VM have recently updated My Virgin Media and you should be able to update it by logging in there.

When logged in click on Account Settings >  Account Details > scroll down to Telephone Security Details  (memorable word) > and then click on Edit

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey andya2, thank you so much for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to hear of the issues faced with your memorable account word.

We can see you've had some great advice from newapollo above. 

Could you please tell us if this helped and if you managed to reset the memorable account word so you can verify yourself when calling us?

Pop us a message with your update when you can, we're here to help if you have more issues.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

andya2
On our wavelength

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much indeed for your reply and info. I'll phone VM again tomorrow and give you an update accordingly.

To be honest, I had forgotten about the passcode (memorable word), and in fact, I had phoned VM around 10 days ago ,giving the Account Password and got through to the dept. I wanted with any problem.

Andy2

andya2
On our wavelength
Hi Adri,
Many thanks for your reply. As you will see, I have replied to newapollo.

Thanks andya2, let us know how you get on when calling 🙂

Rob

andya2
On our wavelength
All ok now. thank you Rob. Fantastic help on this forum!!!

Andy

Excellent, thanks for letting us know and happy to hear this has now been resolved andya2, if you need us in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob