Menu
PadreMigue
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Change my package

Hi! I need help.I am already a customer. I've got actually a package that includes phone and broadband and it's gonna increase the price soon. I want to change this package to another one that just includes broandband and it's cheaper. When I try to change this from my Virgin account I can't see this option, I just see I can upgrade adding more things to my current package, paying more. Do you know what can I do?

Many thanks,

Miguel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change my package

Hello

With regards to changes to package I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes - you will have contact VM by phone or the messaging service:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/The-Draft/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425331...

You cannot do it online or through this Forum.

However you need to be aware that dropping your phone may well increase the price you pay because of the way that VM's bund le discounts work. Or you may not save very much. The phone carries the biggest discount.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Stumac1980
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Let me take a look into this for you

I'll pop you a private message to take the address and see how I can assist you.

Thanks

Stuart

Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
RegTheDonk
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stu and others.

I'm in the same situation.  Been out of contract for many years, but have been a customer since Blueyonder. 

While £3.50 isn't a lot,in total its a lot more than a new customer would pay is.  I've never phoned up before to haggle as I get you have to attract new business but it's taking the mick to be fair and while Sky don't offer the speeds, they're always phoning up asking me to switch to them.

Can I cancel and join again as a new customer?  Or leave and let the wife start a new contract?  Don't need the hassle but you try getting it in the neck when more important bills are due lol.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi RegTheDonk & PadreMigue,

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months. We know 2020 was a difficult year for many people and so we decided not to rise our cable prices last year. We’re committed to supporting customers like you and providing you with greater overall value.

We have a great range of offers available to existing customers, if you would like to look at what we can do for you please contact us and a member of our team will be able to make sure we get you everything you need.

Beth

0 Kudos