cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change account ownership

Jsquires1990
Dialled in

Is there a way I can transfer the ownership of my account to my partner?

I have tried time and time again to speak over the phone with VM agents but they do not sort this out for me at all. 

Im banging my head against a wall and its annoying!

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There isn't a way to transfer your existing services and contract to someone else. For your partner to be the account holder, your existing account would need to be closed and your partner would start a new account and contract. 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

@BenMcr wrote:

There isn't a way to transfer your existing services and contract to someone else. For your partner to be the account holder, your existing account would need to be closed and your partner would start a new account and contract. 

Hmm, so why do Virgin say that it can be done!

The circumstances should allow for it (not something I wish to disclose on a public forum), and iv seen posts on here that have shown it being successfully done. 

Thanks anyway for your efforts. 

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

This is what the website currently says - that's a full account closure, return of any kit if appropriate and a new account

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/change-account-holder

We’ll try to contact the account holder for you, to confirm whether they need the services moving to their new address. If they don’t, you’ll need you to send their old equipment back to us.

You’ll be able to choose from our latest and best deals, and we’ll make sure you have brand new equipment to use.

Although it used to be a different process, it was changed a while ago now to the current rules.

So that means my partner is going to have to pay off the termination charges or ill have an account sat here in debt?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

An early disconnection of an account at the current address where the account holder isn't moving would be subject to Early Disconnection Fees, as would where the current account holder is moving to a serviceable address for Virgin Media and not taking the services with them.

However if an account holder moves to an address where Virgin Media don't provide services, EDFs are no longer charged as announced recently - https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-ends-charges-for-off-net-home-movers/

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jsquires1990

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

The only thing we offer regarding changing the account holder is here - if you was only looking to change the account name rather than addresses etc.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Donald1946
On our wavelength

My son works for VM and you can transfer account as that is what i'm going to do transfering my account over to him thats what he told me