Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Change Package

From 22/04/2020 my current package contract ends but I do not want to keep my current package (Bigger Bundle + Sky Sports) because it's expensive and would like to change to a cheaper basic package (just broadband & telephone M200) however I cannot do this online. I'm concerned that as I am unable to downgrade/change my package online or by calling then I'll be charged the full amount of a package I no longer want, I have tried calling 150 customer service but waiting time is long and normally line cuts off. Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Change Package

keep trying on 150 or try the txt number

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Change Package

From 22/04/2020 my current package contract ends but I do not want to keep my current package (Bigger Bundle + Sky Sports) because it's expensive and would like to change to a cheaper basic package (just broadband & telephone M200) however I cannot do this online. I'm concerned that as I am unable to downgrade/change my package online or by calling then I'll be charged the full amount of a package I no longer want, I have tried calling 150 customer service but waiting time is long and normally line cuts off. Anyone have any suggestions? Have tried text message but no reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I am having the same problem. Did you manage to sort yours?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jengar1956

No is the simple answer. The problem with Virgin is you can upgrade online but not downgrade, you have to contact them. Unfortunately due to the current situation with COVID-19 it is very hard to contact Virgin customer services. I tried phoning several times but you wait and wait then line cuts off and I've tried texting/emailing and even tried the complaints + moving home process but no contact back from Virgin and there is currently no online chat available. I've kept a record of dates of contact + where I can, copies of email etc,,,,,My concern is that I'm now paying for something I do not want, I wanted to change my package and downgrade to just broadband/phone because it's cheaper and more affordable to what I'm stuck with at the moment. I was able to pause Sky Sports. I worry for customers who cannot afford their current package. I was thinking of cancelling my direct debit because I thought it may force Virgin Media to contact me but didn't want to risk them terminating my services without them getting in touch.

I'll probably give it another week and try all over again but if and when I can get back in touch I would hope that they appreciate the positio and provide the new package I wanted plus refund me from the date I wanted to change.

Stay safe and healthy

Bazza60

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bazza60.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just trying same as you. Good luck and let me know if you are successful, and how you managed it.

Keep well and stay safe yourself

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm facing this same problem 😞  It took me a long time to figure out how should i go about it.  Your post helped me understand that this is not a straight-forward thing to resolve..  

Don't they have a contact email id to lodge a query or request for this? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Vishy,

thanks for using the forums to ask about downgrading, I am afraid we would not be able to do this on here as we don't have the upgrade systems on forums. However if you call 0345 454 1111 and choose options 1, 4 then 2 you will get through to the downgrade team.
I wish you the best of luck!

Megan_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why ring 0345 454 1111 if you are an existing Virginmedia customer when you can ring 150

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

not everyone has a VM phone. Who has a landline now. It's 2020 not 1991

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos