Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Change Package and Check for Upgrades

Grateful if someone here can help me.

My current contract expired in 2017.  Been happy with the package since then.  I now need to change the package as I no longer require the 2nd old Tivo 500 STB.  I am also looking to see if there are any better deals or upgrades for me.  I have been a loyal customer for 19 - 20 years now.  Your service are second to none when working but trying to get hold of Customer Support is a nightmare.

I can log into to my account but every time I go to Change Package or Check for Upgrades I get "Opp something went wrong" page.  That's not very helpful.

Can someone please get back to me or sort out the Web page error on my account.

Regards

Thyper 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change Package and Check for Upgrades

Hi Thyper,

The oops message generally means you are either on a discaounted package, or the package you are on is no longer offered for sale.

You could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, This is a standard reply.  I am in the same situation and can’t get through.

Test message will not help as I cannot guarantee to be available when there is a call back, thus losing this avenue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately sending a text message and call back won't work for me. For most of the day I do not have access to my phone. VM - How do you propose we solve this issue. This is very frustrating to the point that you no longer want to talk to you customers that keep you in business. I can simple take my business else where. Does loyalty not mean anything any more?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thyper, 

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry we're not able to arrange package changes or do a package review via these forums. 

What's happening when you're calling the team? We do have people available to look at your package. 

If you use the text number above, then you can reply at your own pace when you're free to look at your phone.

Thanks

Melissa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

3 times now I have spent more than 20 minutes waiting for a Customer Service rep to answer and this is at 8:30am.

Thyper
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My forum reply suggests phone, where I also get cut off, or sending a letter! 

A telecommunications company suggesting letter!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi AJKLP,

I am sorry to hear you still haven't been able to discus you package with someone, this isn't something we can do via our community, you can also text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Please can you direct me to this mobile number for texting on your website.  I have looked and I can’t find it and do not want to contact a random mobile.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi AJKLP,

I am sorry to hear you still haven't been able to discus you package with someone, this isn't something we can do via our community, you can also text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response.

Kind regards

Paul.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos