cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Contact Phone Number

steelysteph
Superfast

Is posting on the forum the ony way to change account contact details?  I need to update my phone number and find it crazy that it can't be done via the app or website.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello steelysteph.

Thanks for you post. 

Sorry you haven't been able to change a contact number online. 

A few instances l like this have arisen and we have fed them back into the business.

I can look at changing the number for you if you wish.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello steelysteph.

Thanks for you post. 

Sorry you haven't been able to change a contact number online. 

A few instances l like this have arisen and we have fed them back into the business.

I can look at changing the number for you if you wish.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

PHIL1000
Dialled in

Sooooooooooo..... I had private messages with Akua_A from the Forum Team regarding the fact that I (and indeed many others) cannot edit the contact numbers in their account profile. Akua_A did change that number for me, and deleted the incorrect number on my behalf. Unfortunately, the new number Akua_A put into my account profile was incorrect. I then tried to change it to the correct number but, guess what? I got the same error message as before!!!. Ho Hum. I have sent some private messages to Akua_A to resolve this issue. I hope these messages are responded to. I think the moral of this story is: "Don't offer editing facilities on customer's account profiles if they can't actually edit them". Not really a moral but you get the idea. C'mon VM, I've been a long standing customer since ntlworld, get your act together. There's too many significant problems for your customers at the moment. I'd be sorry to leave, but alternative service providers are looking more and more like an option for me.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PHIL1000,

We apologise for any admin error with the number. 

I have checked from our side and can confirm the messages to my colleague have been received and a response will be with you as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience. 

Nat

IanChas
Tuning in

I'm having the same problem unable to update contact phone number, which means I can't receive text notifications relating to another service issue that I am trying to get resolved. I've found this so frustrating that I submitted a service complaint, which was acknowledged, but a few days later received an email full of gobbledegook which made no sense whatsoever claiming to have offered me a resolution! It seems the comm forum is the only way to get VM's attention to deal with these issues.

Hi IanChas,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to update your contact numbers, so I can help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN

I replied to your message via iPhone yesterday but heard nothing back, even after sending a further 2 queries. Please can you arrange to follow up or get a colleague to do so?

Thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

There can be a delay between responses on forums IanChas,

Paul will pick this up once they are on shift!

Regards,

Kain

• Can I have this help too please. I use the right process to change my contact number, but it keeps jumping back to the wrong number that is there now

Hi jcbpeach, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had an issue with updating your contact number. I can see this has since been resolved for you with my colleague via private message. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs